It's been a while between project posts part of the reason has been because I've been busy with a few other non-motorcycle related projects. I then realised I hadn't started a build diary for this little Yamaha 250 that I'd …Originally it was going to be a client build but there was a change in plans so I ended up keeping the donor.
Finished up this build at the end of the year, with this being my only ride I was pretty happy to finally get it back on the road. Think I'll spend some time riding this around now over summer, with …Beta-MAX named after the Video Cassette player of the same name.
Cases split ready for new gaskets and a new front sprocketThe Tonka Project is getting close to finishing up. I needed to replace the front sprocket and with these TW's you need to remove the left side engine case …So because of this I took the opportunity to split the cases and check out the internals and replace the gaskets at the same time.
All the body work is complete and I spent an afternoon pulling everything apart ready for the sandblaster. Because the client had decided on stainless spokes I ended up cutting the rusted old ones to make removing the hubs easier.