Have spent the last 3 months giving the Buell a few modifications. Was really only going to install a new headlight and seat. But one thing led to another and next thing I've got it's kit off, and I'm asking what have I got myself into.
I had to replace the front disc as it was worn down past it's indicator, originally I wanted to do a front end swap but I couldn't really justify the price at this stage as it would have cost over half the price of the original bike. I settled in getting a new disc and pads up front.
I wanted to reuse most of the parts of the bike so I kept the original dials and relocated the ignition and tach to the sides to have a single dial up front. I installed some tiny LEDS into a fibreglassed dash to act as the warning lights for the oil / indicators / high beam and neutral.
Tiny LEDS into a fibreglassed dash
Reuse of the old dials. Had to replace the blown dash bulbs and extend the wiring
I shortened the tail section by about 3 inches and closed it off with a loop and installed a bobbed fender to hold the tiny LED taillight.
Shorted tail section and fender install
CNC'd mini taillight
I also made a start on the tank paint after a couple of failed attempts which ended up with the paint lifting after being too eager to get things done.
Still have a few things left like the rear licence plate mount and seat upholstery but pretty happy with it so far.
Stay up to date with the latest motorcycle news, latest deals and special offers! We'd also like to see our customer builds so feel free to keep in touch.