Finished off the custom skid / bash plate for the TW today.
Originally I wanted to give aluminium brazing a go for the first time but the stock that I'd bought ended up being too thick. Because of this slight oversight, bending it would have given me a hernia. So I spent a while thinking about the alternatives and I came to the conclusion to make one up with some left over steel sheet.
I first mocked it up with some cardboard and then used it as a template although not 100% accurate it did give me a good base to start.
Once I'd cut and bent it to the correct shape I tacked everything into place, once I was happy with the fit I welded it all up. I then added some holes to reduce weight using a stepped drill bit.
The edges still need a clean up but will do all that before sending off to sandblasting.
Stay up to date with the latest motorcycle news, latest deals and special offers! We'd also like to see our customer builds so feel free to keep in touch.